November 28, 2019 Master Link Express
(KAMPALA) – We have researched and freely published information about Shipping guidelines, standard prohibitions and restrictions to consider when sending express shipments to Uganda. This information has been compiled from trustworthy sources including Uganda Revenue Authority and Uganda Communications Commission.
List of Prohibited Items
The World Customs Organisation (WCO), the Universal Postal Union (UPU) and the International Air Transport Association (IATA) stipulate the type of items that cannot be sent through the postal network. This is to protect the postal network facilities, postal employees, the customers and the public.
Policy on Dangerous/Restricted Cargo
Cargo containing dangerous goods is subject to national and international regulation. Such cargo must be properly declared and clearly identified as containing dangerous goods. Dangerous goods include substances which are flammable, corrosive, toxic, oxidizing, explosive, radioactive, infectious, compressed gases, dangerous when wet, spontaneously combustible, self reactive, organic peroxides and other regulated material.
The lists of prohibited goods include illicit drugs, counterfeit or pirated articles, explosive or flammable goods and live animals.
This list is sampling of common items that are restricted, cannot be shipped or may require additional documentation and/or cause problems and delays during the customs review of your shipment. If your package contains a restricted item, our Compliance team must review your shipment when it arrives at our facilities. This process may add 1 – 3 business days (Monday – Friday) before your item is available to ship.
- Alcohol & Coffee – Prohibited in some countries, and quantities restricted in others.
- Animals & Agricultural – Living animals, fish or plants; seeds, soil, and other agricultural products.
- Combustible/Flammable – Nail polish, paints (non water- based), oils, lighters and matches.
- Currency, Stamps & Coins – Cash, checks, money orders, bank drafts, bearer bonds, collectible stamps, and coins.
- Food – Perishable – Perishable foods of any type are prohibited. Chocolates are restricted in some countries.
- Furs, Skins, Animal Parts – Furs, skins, tusks, and other animal parts are prohibited in most countries.
- Gambling & Lottery – Gambling, lottery, and games of chance items including tickets, games, and devices.
- Government ID/Uniforms – Any and all governmental (whether real or costume) IDs, uniforms, and badges.
- Hazardous Materials – Chemicals, explosives, fuels, and fertilizers
- Medications – Prescription & veterinary medications prohibited. Non-prescription medications are restricted.
- Political & Pornography – Prohibited in all Muslim countries, and restricted in most other countries.
- Pressurized Cans – No pressurized cans of any type like hairspray, shaving cream, and bug spray.
- Tactical Equipment – Night-vision goggles, lock-pickers, optical scopes, laser sites, body armor, and any ITAR regulated item.
- Vitamins/ Supplements – Vitamins, some sports drinks, and supplements are restricted in most countries.
- Weaponry & Parts – Guns, gun replicas, gun components & parts, paintball guns & paintballs, stun-guns, ammunition, gunpowder, any ITAR regulated items.
In-house Standard (Master Link Express) Standard Prohibited Commodities
The following commodities are not acceptable for transport by Master Link Express under any circumstances.
This is a result of a policy decision, following the full consideration of Operational, Legal and Risk Management implications.
- Live animals
- Hunting (Animal) trophies, animal parts such as ivory and sharks fin, animal remains, or Animal-by-Products and derived products not intended for human consumption, prohibited for movement by the CITES Convention and/or local law.
- Human remains or ashes
- Bullion (of any precious metal)
- Cash (current legal tender)
- Loose precious and semi-precious stones
- Complete firearms, ammunition, explosives / explosive devices
- Illegal goods, such as counterfeit goods and narcotics
Property, the carriage of which is prohibited by any law, regulation or statute of any federal, state or local government of any country to or through which the shipment may be carried.
If you are in any doubt as to the acceptability of your goods, please contact your Master Link Express customs representative prior to shipping or forwarding at our points of service in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
Counterfeit or Pirated Goods are Prohibited in Master Link Express Limited’s Courier Service
If you are offered very low prices for branded goods that are sold on shopping websites or via other channels, you can normally assume that the goods are counterfeit. High quality branded goods that are often copied are:
- Expensive Watches
- CDs and DVDs
Need to send/ship a package? See our domestic and international pricing guide here.
Customs Services and Support in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania
You can relax as our experienced staff handles all customs, clearing, forwarding and general supply related services, with professionalism, and commitment.
We understand the difficulties of cross border trade. Our highly efficient customs brokerage, clearance and forwarding service is designed to take the complexity out of the customs process, so that you can move your goods efficiently across international borders.
Customs Brokerage, Clearance and Forwarding
We’re your personalized Customs expert – Master Link Express processes hundreds of customs entries every day. We use local expertise to understand diverse Customs regulations – which means for our customers – shipments are cleared quickly and efficiently.
Master Link Express Customs Locations
We have customs agents in more than 10 locations in Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya to assist you with standard and supplementary customs services listed below:
- Import and Export clearance
- High value clearance
- Clearance authorization
- Multi-line entry clearance
- Bonded storage
- Handover to broker
- Post-clearance modification
- Advice on tariff quotas
- Advice on content classification
- Bonded transit
For a full list of locations, please feel free to check our contact page.
Master Link Express Limited’s freight forwarding service utilizes established relationships with carriers, from air freighters and trucking companies, to rail freighters and ocean liners, in order to negotiate the best possible price to move shippers’ goods along the most economical route by working out various bids and choosing the one that best balances speed, cost, and reliability.
Our Freight forwarding agents handle the considerable logistics of shipping goods from one international destination to another, a task that would otherwise be a formidable burden for our customers.
A package forwarding service works normally with five steps:
- A shopper in Uganda/Kenya/Tanzania first gets a native shipping address from Master Link Express as their package forwarder.
- The customer places an online order and asks the seller to ship the purchases to the package forwarder’s (Master Link Express) warehouse.
- Master Link Express Package forwarders handle the packages, such as repacking, consolidation or storage.
- Shoppers pay Master Link Express (the package forwarder) for package handling and the international shipping fee.
- Master Link Express package forwarding agents ships out and online shoppers receive the package at home.
Master Link Express is proud to offer “Same Day Services” as a standard for customers who place orders before 2:00 PM local time (East Africa).
Our Courier agents will advise you on which products are eligible for “Same Day Delivery”. Local deliveries in Uganda/Kenya/Tanzania will ship out the same afternoon & reach your destination on the same day.
Same Day Services for World Wide Courier
World Wide express delivery will take approx. 5-7 business days, though they will be shipped on the order date (except weekends or public holidays) in transit via DHL and other partner Freight services.
Same Day Solutions:
Parcel and Document Shipping/Pick and Drop – Pick up and delivery services for parcels and documents.
Freight/Cargo Shipping – Global freight shipping via air, ocean, road or rail.
Value Added Solutions – A comprehensive suite of services drawing on our global scale and local insight to deliver value across your entire supply chain.
Need a custom price quote? Contact us today.
Master Link Express is aligned with reputable shipping companies that are able to provide an international shipping service worldwide, with marine insurance to mitigate risk of loss. We have therefore undertaken to ensure that our clients are represented in most major centers around the world, since our partnerships are with global companies, including DHL Uganda.
As specialists in this field, we understand the importance of prompt, reliable and effective shipping, to ensure that there is no breakdown in service levels provided to you our valued customer.
Master Link Express Freight Services
Looking for Freight Services in Uganda?
We are the experts in Global Air, Ocean & Ground Freight Forwarding. Our passion is to enable international trade. We simplify our customer operations and maximize their opportunities. Where we can’t reach, we have developed strategic alliances with world wide express service providers to serve the special logistics needs and requirements of our varied customer.
As your Logistics Partner, Master Link Express assists you in the distribution of your cargo or logistics countrywide and regionally using appropriate transportation vehicles, with the advantage of selecting small, medium or large vans, trucks and express motorbikes for your distribution preferences.
Value Added Services Logistics Services
- Transport Solutions – Reduce costs, improve visibility and increase efficiency of product movement
- Management Services – Consulting and management solutions that optimize your supply chain
- Integrated Solutions – Comprehensive solutions that combine transport, warehousing & management services
- Multiple sectors and industries served – Insights and solutions created specifically for your industry
If you have an inquiry about Master Link Express products and services, such as express document and parcel shipping, or our time and day definite express services, please contact us today
If you would like to speak to a Master Link Express Customer Service agent, please call any our agents in more than 10 locations in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
Master Link Express streamlines your transport products with warehousing to assist you in meeting your in-transit storage requirements, efficiently and cost effectively. To meet your in-transit storage requirements, our Air, Ocean, Road and Rail transportation products are linked with warehousing services.
Warehousing for In-transit Storage
- Master Link Express provides a one-stop shop for transportation and warehousing, with one dedicated single point of contact
- Wide range of added-value activities including labeling, bundling, packing, re-packing, temperature control and documentation
These include storage, inbound/outbound services and inventory management to help reduce costs and inventories, while increasing efficiency and improving customer service.
- Multi-customer warehouses and shared delivery equipment
- Proven experience and knowledge in both warehousing and local distribution services in Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania
- Supply chain handling with timely delivery of goods in transit, as well as the ability to track your shipment
Get in contact with our Warehousing Solutions Experts to find out what customized services we can provide for you and your business.
Ease of Access
Our Agent banking services ensure you will no longer need to travel long distances to visit your bank. Visit a Master Link Express Banking Agent to access cash deposits, cash withdraws, transfer and payment services conveniently.
Flexible Banking Hours
Most banks close their doors by 4pm, but with Master Link Express bank agents, for as long as the business premise remains open, you can do your transactions. This will prove to be very convenient especially for people who are busy during the day.
Transacting through Master Link Express bank agents will be cost-effective especially to people who live in rural areas that are far away from banks.
Bank Today at our Locations
Find us in Entebbe, Malaba, Busia and Mutukula in Uganda to access your money at points of entry. In Kenya find us in Nairobi, Eldoret, Kisumu and Mombasa.
For telephone inquiries use our contact information for the various office locations provided here.
We Deliver with Speed!
Express courier delivery from the specialists in international shipping.
Master Link Express understands that crucial movements of documents and parcels are important to the success of individuals or companies.
Our courier department will run the following errands for you at competitive price (rates) per weight;
- Door to Door, Office to Office Mail Services
- Delivery of parcels, letters and invoices
- Delivery of telephone, electricity, water bill invoices or settlements
- Application and assistance in processing of passports, work permits and birth certificates
- Overnight countrywide express delivery in Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania and Rwanda.
Our courier services are tailored to offer you an economical but reliable service as well as security and certainty of a prompt delivery.
Express Delivery Services & International Shipping across Multiple Sectors
When you ship with Master Link Express – you’re shipping with specialists in international shipping and courier delivery services. With our wide range of express parcel and package services, along with shipping and tracking solutions to fit your needs, Master Link Express offers a number of express options no matter your industry.
We have served and continue to to serve customers in the following industries with cargo and transport services that are timely and easy to track for delivery schedules.
- Consumer Goods
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- Health Care Logistics
Get a free quote for delivery of your parcel or cargo, including clearing by contacting a Master Link Courier and Shipping Agent today.